Friday, June 30, 2006

A Walk After the Rain

The rain's been with us for about a week. Last night it broke for awhile, so I grabbed my camera and sallied forth just as the sun was going down. Here are a set of pictures taken as I walked just a couple blocks near home. In the garden the hygrangea is in full bloom, as are the magnolias around the corner in Miss Willis' yard (she just turned 100). Hygrangea always makes me think of my Nana. The sidewalk was littered with parchment-like shards of bark blown off of the next door neighbors' 200 foot sycamore tree. In the approaching gloam the front door of the Baptist Church glowed with a fresh coat of blood red paint. The brass door knob had a small dash of green....from where I couldn't tell. I found myself, by the time it was fully dark, in front of two local restaurants, La Petite Auberge and Bistro Betham, where outside seating had been hastily set up in hopes the lull in the weather would mean at least a trickle of diners.




















5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Mike,

I can't get over how much further along your daylilies and hydrangeas are than ours. I like how you see things, as though you know how the photo will look before you shoot it. They're all exquisite, especially the last one. The white flower - it is a magnolia? I wasn't sure since we can't grow them up here.

Thank you for these...I hope you have a happy Fourth!

Carol

11:35 PM  
Blogger Lil Toni said...

I can't manage to GET a good shot of a Mag! Dang it! And they're EVERYWHERE, here.
Glad you at least got a peek at Daffs this year. Mine didn't come up.
Wonderful eye, as usual.
Needa "subject"? *wink*

8:24 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Here for the first time and am loving your pictures. I dabble in photography as well, and its nice to see another's work. Gives new perspective and ideas. Thank you for sharing with us!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Kristopher Battles said...

I find myself coming back here over and over to marvel over your photos. They are truly beautiful. Maybe you and Kris can swap artwork??

I guess you'll be meeting Kris in person soon. . . .

10:31 AM  
Blogger farokh said...

hi. you have taken lots of different photos of different subjects. I guess you are interested in photography. I know you are an artist and could see the world in other ways.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home